The Senior Telecom Analyst is responsible for handling tickets escalated from the Telecom Analyst and maintaining the overall health of the telephony hardware and software across the Armstrong Group of Companies. The Senior Analyst is expected to have strong knowledge and experience with the Avaya Communication Manager and Avaya Call Center Solutions. Senior Telecom Analysts are required to handle maintenance operations including, but not limited to: performing moves/adds/changes, troubleshooting issues, CDR reporting, CMS logs, trunk measurements, server health, and security, day to day VDN/Vector changes and toll free changes. The Senior Telecom Analyst also participates in the afterhours on-call schedule and weekend maintenance window duties.
Assists in operational efforts
- Review, and perform all moves, adds, and changes as well as perform Tier 2 ticket escalations, troubleshooting and break/fix.
- Work with multiple Call Center environments to perform changes and create new programming which includes VDNs, Vectors, Split/Skills and Agent Ids.
- Follow Lead Telecom Analyst training plan, recommendations, standards and best practices.
- Maintaining a preventative maintenance program for Client as defined by the Lead Telecom Analyst
- Maintaining a formal system of evaluating all telephony resources for licenses and capacity reports as defined by the Lead Telecom Analyst
- Maintaining records and preparing required reports relevant to the operations of Telephony environment.
- Perform duties of Lead Telecom Analyst in his/her absence
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Ability to support on-call rotation
- Ability to lead Projects, Change Controls, and Maintenance Windows
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
Have experience and knowledge of the following skill set:
- Avaya Communication Manager
- Avaya Server line models, OS and functionality
- Avaya Gateway line models, OS and functionality
- Avaya Intuity Audix
- Avaya Modular Messaging
- Various Circuit Packs and functionality
- Avaya Call Center Administration (VDNs, Vectors, Skills) and CMS Supervisor
- Telecommunication Experience
- Troubleshooting (VoIP, Analog, Digital, TCP (Transport), IP (Network layer), Wiring (Physical Layer), Voice T1s
- Avaya AES
- Firmware updates on IP Phones and Circuit Packs
- Toll Free routing Administration
- Installing Voice T1s and Setting up Trunk Groups
- Avaya Voice Portal
- Verint Impact 360 (Worforce Optimization)
- Witness Call Recording (CSCM)
- Avaya Interaction Center
- Avaya Operations Analyst
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient organizational and time management skills
- Capability to self-start and be proactive without coaching
- Ability to provide move, add, and change services.
- Ability to perform Avaya switch administration which includes VDNs/Vectors
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems/Information Technology or related field; or equivalent experience. Avaya product certifications a plus.
- 4-6 Years Avaya Experience
- Avaya Call Center Experience is a must